Tuesday 29 January 2013

Local Matters


Another 7.5km under the belt taking me to 122km for the month. I finally managed a Little Grebe on the canal with a distant bird that seemed closer to Driffield but it counts nonetheless for the Foot It frivolities. This leaves me a single species short of my target with 2 days to go. We shall see. A Short-eared Owl was between Nafferton & Wansford but failed on my 100 acre pan-species challenge.

Physcia tenella. Yup Im doing Lichen
I did have a little stab at my 100 acre pan challenge as well with a few plants and lichens including the beauty above. I saw my first flower of the year, a sad looking Lesser Celandine and a flock of 19 Siskin which flew over the house (all my other Siskins thus far have been in Wansford).

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org