Wednesday 30 January 2013

Blimmin' Windy

Today I was at my wife's school (she is the head, not a pupil!). I was helping with the Big Schools Birdwatch but it was far too windy and then we got pelted with hail so not a great success. Despite this the students were all eager and interested and it was great to meet them all.

After this I bogged off to Barmston for a couple of hours. Nothing ground breaking although the Kumlien's Gull was still present and showed remarkably well when I left the camera in the car. 4 new patch year ticks in Teal, Wigeon, Mallard and Dunlin but not a great deal else. I got bored and took some photos of maritime plants on the undercliff so here are a few.

Buck's-horn Plantain

Incidentally there has been loads of landslips at Barmston since the snow so if you go looking for the Kumlien's Gull be careful.

Cerastium sp. & Sea Mayweed


No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org