Friday 6 January 2012

Culling Grey Squirrels

That is what several of my readers have suggested I tackle in my next blog post but I think for the moment I will stear clear. At least until the bunny huggers bog off anyway ;) Today I was doing WeBS counts around the Humber and it was fantastic weather as the wind had subsided and the sun was shining. A bit chilly early morning but it soon picked up.

Birdwise it was steady with a handful of waders and plenty of small gulls knocking about. I managed to year tick Mistle Thrush, Song Thrush, Fieldfare, Dunlin, Turnstone and Ringed Plover. Highlights of the day came in the form of hunting Peregrine and Sparrowhawk passing within a couple of metres of me. Nice year ticks both of them. Sadly no pics due to time constraints. Next time - Signal Crayfish torture.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org