Thursday 14 May 2009

My Bloody Wife

Was gonna have a morning birding today but alas it was not too be as my wife decided to pilfer my keys. I was stuck in the house until I could find my spare key but then a lack of car keys was a hinderence. Got to Brid on train and couldnt get away until 2 so borrowed her car to have a couple of hours round Flamborough. Not a great deal doing as I only had bins but a Whinchat on the stubble west of old fall was good as were a couple of pristine Greenland Wheatears. A couple of very washed out tatty Painted Ladys floated by but not even a paddy fly...Rubbish. Little seawatch produced 100+ Kittiwakes leaving Brid bay in under half hour - winds were pinning them in so they had to struggle round the point. Also 1 Mallard, 2 Razorbill and 2 Guillemot.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org