Saturday 1 August 2009

The Eagles Have Landed

Revisited a couple of the sites from my tour with Jules Sykes the other day. No Rufous Bush-Robin but did manage to gatecrash an illegal rave on the beach and get held up for an hour as the Police worked out I was a birder rather than pill-popping, techno loving raver. Did manage a Turtle Dove, Hoopoe, Black Wheatear and Blue Rock Thrush whilst being held up but nowt new. Later went on to Crevillente where I managed to find a pair of Bonellis Eagles at great distance holed up on a nest. They sat and preened & preened and sat but refused to fly so I drove off only for Ange to screech that one was up. I was then treated to the most amazing flight views of an adult Bonelli´s Eagle you could imagine. We headed off inland and saw a few distant Rollers before heading onto Guardamar beach. I was only there 30 minutes before a rather pretty spanish lady with rather large fake tits decided to sunbathe topless next to us - I couldnt look anywhere as I was in their shadow. All very disconcerting. Not a lot else to report other than a healthy suntan and more bad photos (Bonelli´s Eagle, Turtle Dove). I hope you are excited!

2 comments:

mark horner said...

any pictures of the lady in question, just to set the scene of course.

James said...

sadly not - i thought that would be a littl...erm...intrusive.

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org