Thursday 9 June 2011

Quail of a Time

I went for a walk down by Wansford Beck this evening in an effort to hear Quail. Aside from stacks of Swifts and Swallows feeding on the Mayflies, a Roe Deer was stood watching me in the field before breaking left.


A couple of Yellow Wagtails chased across the field and a Corn Bunting piped up on the wires.

It really is a Corn Bunting!

A group of hares were pottering about on the far side of the fields as were a couple of Barn Owls including one which gave a flyby as the light dropped.


As I was growing dispondent a single Quail piped up with just a single phrase. I was delighted! Before I could get too excited a Hare ran up to me as I was stood behind a tree and sat down. Oblivious.

 



No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org