Saturday 25 June 2011

Entomological Idiocy?

In an effort to keep myself distracted without bunging three million quid in my cars fuel tank I have been playing with the idea of pan-species listing...or in my case looking at the invertebrates in the garden. Now I managed to deduce a few bits and pieces but I am a complete novice never having had any interest in this field before. I need help with some ID's if anyone could or knows someone that could?

I think this is your bog standard House Fly Musca domestica




But I have a few other flies that I have no idea over. And some bits that I don't even know if they are flies.







I also managed a few beetles. First up was the standard shiny yellow flower loving job which I have no idea what it is called.


followed by this sneaky devil hiding amongst them on a flower head


As for Bees I think this is Garden Bumblebee Bombus hortorum



While I think this is the Common Carder Bumblebee Bombus pascuorum


I also saw Red-tailed Bumblebee Bombus lapidarius which I know is common but was good to see. I made a mess of various other photos but will endeavour so please help a poor referenceless innocent and ID my arthropods.






No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org