- Went to Beatrice - Leatherback Turtle (6th for the Moray firth) plus Sooty Shearwater, Minke x 8, Porpoise x 70
- Went to Tophill ringing twice - Tree Sparrow & Treecreeper highlights
- Went to Tophill for fun and managed a juv Garganey
- Went to Blacktoft Sands yesterday and saw 4 Wood Sandpiper, 10 Green sandpiper, 8 Greenshank, 25+ Spotted Redshank, 7 Little Egret, 100+ Black-tailed Godwit, Water Rail, 40+ Ruff, 2 Bearded tits, 5 Yellow Wagtails & no Semi-palmated Sandpiper
- Went to North Killingholme on the 2nd and managed 2,200 Black-tailed Godwit plus 2 Mediterranean Gulls, 2 Whimbrel, some summer plumage Knot.
- Keep seeing a Turtle Dove in Hutton Cranswick. Im now up to 4 work days in a row... Saw the adult a couple of months ago but this bird (a juv) seems to have benn about for just over a fortnight.
Wednesday, 11 August 2010
Its getting too late for a proper catch up so here is a summary of whats happened.
How birds and brains become mutually exclusive