Thursday 16 April 2015

Mary's, Mary's quite contrary

I have visited St Mary's three times this week which is an absolute bonus but the star birds, a Glauc and an Iceland have evaded me completely. It hasn't helped that I have slept through my alarm on a morning preventing pre-work sojourns and ridiculously low-tides seemed to have coincided with my evening visits.

Monday saw my first migrants in the form of Sandwich Tern, Chiffchaff and Sand Martin which was nice but expected. Plenty of sarnies offshore and the Chiff has stayed put all week. Wednesday added Willow Warbler and Sedge Warbler while tonight was very quiet except for a drake Goosander north bang on sunset. It's too calm and sunny with light SW to put anything down at the mo although a Purple Sandpiper annoying the seals was nice on the island.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org