Saturday 2 February 2013

Gull-den


The Kumlien's Gull allowed close approach in near perfect light today and I managed some half decent shots of it. The open wing looks pretty good with the obvious pigmentation along the primary shaft spreading onto both webs.

I wasnt about for very long but I managed to see a tight flock of 25 Kittiwakes heading south ahead of a squall. There were plenty of waders about, principally Sanderling, Turnstone & Oystercatcher but the flock contained 2 Dunlin & 4 Knot.


I also found out that Shag is a scarcity for this stretch of the coast with few records each year so the 4 I have had constitute 80% of the records for HVWG this year. Bonus.


No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org