Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy New Year

I hope that you all enjoyed the festive season and got all the presents that you wanted. I certainly faired as well as I have in the last ten years and am delighted with the new paraphenalia. Not much birding stuff but that is sometimes a blessing. Today I havent even managed to get out birding but I managed an excellent start to the Foot It challenge with my first local Brambling hiding away in our hedge. Aside from that it was all the usual local stuff getting me to a Foot It total of 17 species and a year total of 21. No great shakes but I have the whole of tomorrow to get both the patch challenges off and running properly.

Aside from staring at the bird table for inordinate amounts of time we visited family and I managed to get this corker of our youngest. Super cute.


No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org