Sunday 1 April 2012

A Bit of Stuff


Yesterday I did a bit of ringing at Tophill Low - my first session of the year. We only caught about a dozen birds but a nice selection of stuff included Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Chiffchaff, Great Tit, Long-tailed Tit and a few Wrens. Somehow the jedi mind trick of ageing birds seemed to become clear and I managed to see some moult limits on the greater coverts in the 2CY birds which was pretty cool. It was really dull so no photos. A couple of Sand Martins were my first of the year and other vis migs were getting on for 80 Fieldfares and a bunch of Bullfinches.

Today I took a few photos of the many insects on the verdent blossom in the garden including the Peacock Butterfly above. Plenty of strange types of bees, hoverfly and a Beefly were seen. I got a few photos so any idea of ID would be appreciated.


No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org