Friday 23 December 2011

Watton Wildfowl

I snatched a brief period at Tophill yesterday and spent the entirety at Watton. On arriving the hide was stacked but none of the assembled throng were seeing the decent birds. After 15 minutes or so I picked up the Green-winged Teal  very close to the hide but with its back to the hide and thus nearly impossible to see the vertical stripe. Record shots below.



I promise its the bird in the middle. Bit too far for my lens... The redhead Smew  was also quickly picked up but was up and down, feeding all the time.


There were plenty of other bits and pieces, with over 30 European White-fronted Geese, 3 Pintail, 2 Black-tailed Godwit and plenty of other things.



A selection of the Y-fronts and wildfowl
This was one of a number of swans that overflew me when I was walking back..


All said a very pleasant trip and it was my second Green-winged Teal.

No comments:

How birds and brains become mutually exclusive

Record, share and compare with BUBO Listing at www.bubo.org